COMMEMORATIVE SEMINAR DEDICATED TO
PROFESSOR JINDRICH NECAS
on the occasion of the 75th anniversary of his birth
under the auspices of the Mathematical Institute of Charles University (MU UK)
Monday, December 20, 2004, K1 lecture hall, MFF UK, Karlin, Sokolovska 83, Praha 8.
- Jens Frehse (University of Bonn, Germany)
Some aspects of Jindrich Necas work on regularity theory of elliptic PDEs
- Coffee break
- K. R. Rajagopal (Texas A&M University, College Station, USA)
Some open mathematical issues in Fluid Mechanics
Organizers: S. Necasova (MU AV CR), J. Malek, M. Pokorny, T. Roubicek (MU UK), M. Feistauer, J. Haslinger (KNM), M. Rokyta (KMA).
On the occasion of the anniversary the following contributions will be issued during December 2004:
- I. Hlavacek, O. John, A. Kufner, J. Malek, S. Necasova, J. Stara, V. Sverák: In Memoriam Jindrich Necas. Mathematica Bohemica, Vol. 129. No. 4, 421-446 (2004).
(CV of Jindrich Necas in English)
- I. Hlavacek, O. John, A. Kufner, J. Malek, S. Necasova, J. Stara, V. Sverak: Matematik Jindrich Necas. Pokroky Mat. Fyz. Astronom. 49 (2004), c. 4.
(CV of Jindrich Necas in Czech)
- Proceedings of the Eight Paseky School on Mathematical Theory in Fluid Mechanics, Paseky, June 2003 (dedicated to J. Necas). Applications of Mathematics, Vol. 49, No. 6, 2004.
(The whole issue of the journal will be dedicated to the proceedings of the well known Paseky school, the co-founder of which was also J. Necas)